This compact and lightweight brewer is a go-to for brewing on the fly. Try our inverted method, then go your own way.
|lightweight, portable||brew time: 5 minutes|
- Use 18 grams to 200g water
- Grind must be between espresso and filter but a little bit more towards espresso. 3.5/4 setting on most all purpose use grinders.
We will be using the ‘inverted method.’
- Place the plunger( with rubber seal) about 2 cm into the chamber so that it connects quite nicely, then turn it so that the chamber opening is facing up
- Grind the coffee and distribute into the top chamber using the funnel provided.
- Place on your scale and tare scale so it shows 0g.
- Take the filter cap and place a filter paper in and run some water through. If you’re using a metal filter, you don’t need to run water through but make sure it is clean.
Using 91-96 degree Celsius water and a pouring kettle.Pour 100g water onto coffee and start the timer.
- Stir vigorously- 10 movements(back-forward, left-right), scraping the rubber seal at the bottom, making sure all the grinds are wet.
- At the 30 second mark pour an additional 100g of water to have a total of 200g water.
- Allow to brew for an additional 30 seconds and
- Lock the cap holding the filter into the chamber at the top, Carefully turn the aeropress in one swift motion and place directly on a preheated stainless steel frothing jug, or other server of your choice.
- Plunge straight down with a mild force, until you hear air, then stop.
- Total extraction time 1:30 - 1:50.
Fresh whole bean coffee
Paper or metal filter for your Aeropress
A serving vessel