A no fuss reliable and traditional way to brew coffee at home. For people who like coffee with body.
|Reliable and Traditional
|brew time: 4 min
- Use 19g coffee to 300g water.( small bodum 3-cup plunger)
- The coffee has to be coarsely ground. (It should at feel like sugar granules between the fingers. Number 9 on most all-purpose grinders.
- Weigh out your coffee, grind to the appropriate setting, and add it to the French press.
- Using 91-96 degree Celsius water and a pouring kettle start to pour water onto your coffee grinds. Start the timer as you begin to pouring.
- Completely saturate the grounds as you pour. Only add 100g to your plunger halfway with water and then stir its contents to ensure all the coffee is saturated. (agitate for no more than 5 seconds)
- Continue pouring an additional 200g of water for a total of 300g water.
- After 3 minutes give the brew 5 back-and-forth stirs and place the filter lid on top without plunging.
- After 4 minutes, press the plunger down slowly and carefully. Pressing too quickly or forcefully may lead to hot coffee spurting out and/or coffee sediment sneaking past your plunger filter.
- Once the plunger filter pushes the grounds to the bottom, immediately decant the brew.
Fresh whole bean coffee
A serving vessel