This compact and lightweight brewer is a go-to for brewing on the fly. Try our inverted method, then go your own way.
|lightweight, portable||brew time: 5 minutes|
- Use 28g to 380g water.( using the 3-cup Yama siphon)
- Make sure you have everything together- Bottom chamber( with water), top chamber placed in stand and also filter needs to be inserted, butane burner, paddle, timer, and the coffee.
- Pour water just off the boil into the bottom chamber till the 3-cup mark.
- Place butane burner underneath with a moderate to high flame level.
- Place top chamber in bottom chamber.
- Wait till water rises to the top, then turn down the heat slightly.The water temp here normally stays stable at about 90-92 degrees Celsius( depending on ambient temperature.
- Coffee needs to be ground between espresso and filter but a little bit more towards filter.
- Gently distribute the grounds into the top chamber, and make sure that all the grounds are wet using the paddle. Start the timer.
- When a bloom develops on the top, gently pat it down, avoid excess stirring as this is agitation and will affect the extraction.
- At the 45 second mark, take away the heat source. And stir vigorously around the wall of the siphon 6 times. Then wait.
- A vacuum is created as the bottom chamber cools and sucks the coffee down, also filtering it out.
- Once you see bubbles in the bottom chamber, you may take the top chamber off, position it in the stand, pour the coffee and enjoy.
- Total extraction time – 1:45-1:50
Fresh whole bean coffee
A serving vessel